Veterinary Care of Sheep
About this course
There are plenty of opportunities for keen sheep vets to be actively engaged with their sheep farmer clients providing good financial returns for the practice. This one day course will cover the basics of current best practice and flock health planning for sheep clients with plenty of top tips and practical examples. You will go back to practice with the confidence to tackle flock issues and kick-start new relationships with your sheep.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Flock health planning – what works well and why?
- Maximising lamb numbers – from scanning to sale via the lambing shed – highlighting the veterinary opportunities
- Sheep lameness – causes, costs, control and where vets can make a difference
- Controlling internal parasites sustainably – worms, coccidia and fluke control
- Ectoparasite control – flies, lice and scab
- Flock vaccination programs and best practice protocols