The Veterinary Career-Planning Toolkit
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
What is it that makes a person want to be a vet? Is it a love of animals, or a desire to have a job with meaning and variety? Maybe you have wanted to be a vet since you were four years old?
This unique tutor-supported online course is designed to help you through the thought process associated with applying to veterinary school. This is one of the biggest decisions in your life, so make it with access to the right information, and supportive, experienced veterinary educators.
*This course is small group, tailored education – and spaces are strictly limited*
- A wide range of information to help you learn more about a career in veterinary medicine
- Weekly presentations and discussion groups linked to deciding on a veterinary career
- Team-based learning environment where you meet others interested in a veterinary career
- Mentorship on the process of gaining a veterinary qualification, including applying to vet school and managing your personal resources.
- Certificate of completion subject to full participation
- Describe the realities and opportunities of a veterinary career
- Reflect on your experiences in considering a veterinary career
- Discuss the skills, experiences and attributes that are necessary to be a vet
- Demonstrate key skills (e.g. resilience, goal-setting and communication skills) that can help support your application to vet school
- Describe ways to manage your application to vet school, including a strategy should your application be unsuccessful
See how our courses work here
LEAD TUTOR & COURSE DEVELOPER
|Jenny Moffett BVetMed MSc DipMC SFHEA MRCVS|
|Course developer and tutor|
|Jill Macdonald DipAVN (surg) RVN FHEA|
|Co-founder and owner of ONCORE | Course tutor|