The Role of the Surgical Nurse
- Excel CPD
- Kelly L Bowlt Blacklock BVM&S DipECVS PGCert FHEA MRCVS Senior Clinician in Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery European and RCVS Veterinary Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
- 27/10/2016 - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Add to your calendar
- Add to your Google calendar
- Tel no: 01455 202182
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This course will cover all aspects of surgical nursing, from perioperative infection control through to postoperative management. We will also explore how to assist the surgeon when you are scrubbed in during a routine laparotomy and thoracotomy. Finally, we will look at emergency surgery, where time is of the essence and a competent scrub nurse can make a real difference in patient outcome.
Specific areas to be covered.
• Understand all aspects of perioperative infection control
• Role of the scrub nurse in laparotomy and thoracotomy surgeries
• Emergency surgery – what should I do?
• Postoperative care of surgical patients and patient stabilisation