Surgical procedures of the head and neck
This is a very practical two day course dealing with disorders of the head and neck. It would also be useful CPD for CertAVP candidates enrolled on module C-SAS.2.
Participants will develop their knowledge, practical skills and clinical decision making. There will be introductory lectures to discuss each surgical procedure including information on clinical signs, differential diagnosis and diagnostic techniques. Pre- and post-operative management will also be reviewed. This will be followed by practical sessions using cadavers.
- The larynx
- laryngeal paralysis – arytenoid laterlisation
- biopsy procedures
- The trachea
- temporary tracheostomy placement
- Ventral neck
- exploration for stick injuries, foreign bodies, abscesses
- Sinonasal aspergillosus
- frontal sinus trephination
- placement of nasal catheters
- Lateral approach to the ear canal
- Total ear canal ablation and lateral bulla osteotomy
- • lateral nasal resection