Small Animal Laparoscopic Surgery 2 Day Practical Course
Edison Park, Off Dorcan Way
withTim Charlesworth MA VetMB DSAS(ST) MRCVS RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Surgery (Soft Tissue)
Head of Soft Tissue Referral Service
This is a two day practical course aimed at vets who are interested in laparoscopic (“Keyhole”) surgery in companion animals. The course will consist of lectures and wet-lab practical sessions.
Specific areas to be covered include:
- Equipment – selection, cleaning and maintenance
- Anaesthesia for routine and emergency laparoscopyDiathermy and Vessel Sealers – available options
- Establishing pneumoperitoneum – controversies about how to get started.
- Biopsy techniques – liver, pancreas, kidney
- Neutering – ovariectomy, ovariohysterectomy
By the end of the course it is expected that delegates will be confident in the basics of laparoscopic surgery and to perform the above surgical techniques. Numbers are strictly limited to ensure everybody received the attention and time needed to fully develop their skills during the course.
Course fees are exclusive of VAT and include course notes, lunch, tea and refreshments