Practical Techniques Big Weekend
PROVIDER: IMPROVE INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
- SubjectECC, Medicine, Small animal, Surgery
- Speaker Aldridge, Paul (BVSc CertSAS MRCVS ) and Blacklock, Kelly (BVM&S DipECVS MRCVS )
- Date29/07/2017 - 30/07/2017 - 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Price£899.00 + VAT
About this course
Dealing with emergency patients can be very rewarding, but can also be very stressful! Often procedures that the clinician may be unfamiliar with (or have only performed a few times), need to be carried out rapidly and under pressure if the patient is to be saved. By discussing the rationale of these techniques, and offering a chance to practice ‘hands on’ in a wet lab situation, the course aims to provide delegates with the necessary skills to confidently carry out these procedures back at their own practice.
This day will cover all of the major emergency surgical abdominal procedures which may be required in practice. In addition to the timetabled procedures, the lecturer is happy to cover additional procedures (e.g. pericardectomy) if desired by more advanced delegates where appropriate.
By the end of the day delegates should understand:
• Placing a tracheostomy tube
• Chest drain placement and appropriate management
• When and how to place feeding tubes.
• Placing central lines and their indications
• Intra-osseous needle placement
By the end of the day delegates should be happy to perform
• Cystotomy and urethrostomy/urethrotomy
• Diaphragmatic hernia