Perineal surgery is frequently performed in small animal practice and surgical procedures can be challenging. The risk of serious complications such as incontinence can be minimised with a thorough knowledge of regional anatomy and excellent surgical technique. Procedures covered will include anal sacculectomy, anal and perineal mass resection, perineal urethrostomy and perineal hernia repair.
• Review of relevant surgical anatomy
• Current approaches to the successful anal sacculectomy
• Improve your success rate with perineal hernia repair
• Confidence with perineal urethrostomies
• Options for perineal skin reconstruction