Ocular emergencies in companion animal practice
PROVIDER: BRITISH VETERINARY ASSOCIATION
- SpeakerClaudia Hartley BVSc MRCVS CertVOphthal DipECVO, RCVS and European Veterinary Specialist in Ophthalmology, Davies Veterinary Specialists
- Date30/11/2017 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Price£195 - 395
7 Mansfield Street
About this course
Ocular emergencies can be intimidating, but they need not be. They usually require very prompt treatment in order to save vision and the globe, however recognising common ophthalmic emergencies and identifying the best first line treatment can result in happy outcomes.
This course will cover blunt and sharp ocular trauma, glaucoma, uveitis, corneal ulceration and sudden onset blindness, so delegates feel more confident in approaching these emergencies.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- How to approach and treat traumatic ocular injuries
- How to Investigate and treat glaucoma
- Systemic causes of ocular emergencies
- Investigation of sudden onset blindness
- How to Investigate and treat uveitis