Nursing the Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus (GDV) – Half Day Course
- SubjectECC, Gastroenterology, Nursing
- SpeakerBelinda Andrews-Jones VTS (ECC) DipAVN (Surg) Pg Dip Vet ed RVN FHEA
- Date18/11/2017 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Price£49 (Early bird when booking up until 6 months in advance) - £99
Headland House, Chord Business Park
About this course
Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus patients were once commonly seen in first opinion practice, however since specific emergency clinics have become increasingly common, many nurses are less familiar in how to deal with such patients.
This half day course will look at what nursing skills are required to achieve a successful outcome; from initial presentation to practice, through to post-operative care. It aims to guide you in the right direction when dealing with these cases.
Delegates will consider:
- Clinical signs of GDV
- Changes in major body systems in GDV patients
- Initial stabilisation, drug and fluid therapy
- The nurse’s role in decompression
- Post-operative care