Nursing the Blocked Cat – Half Day Course
- SubjectECC, Feline, Nursing
- SpeakerBelinda Andrews-Jones VTS (ECC) DipAVN (Surg) Pg Dip Vet ed RVN FHEA
- Date04/08/2017 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location Potters Bar,
- Price£49 (Early bird when booking up until 6 months in advance) - £99
Royal Veterinary College, Boltons Park Farm, Hawkshead Road,
About this course
Urethral blockage is an emergency situation in cats and understanding how to deal with these patients is essential to you, the veterinary nurse.
When faced with an agonised pet in severe pain, this is a situation which demands both urgent and correct treatment. Fortunately, with prompt veterinary care, the survival rate can approach nearly 100%! A vital part of this positive outcome is good nursing care.
This course will take you through the process of nursing the blocked cat. We start from arrival at your practice, continue through to the surgical intervention and finish with returning the relieved cat to his equally relieved owners!
Within this half day course, delegates will consider:
- Physical assessment
- Clinical investigation
- Careful stabilisation
- Nursing needs of the blocked cat
- Optimal treatment process to achieve success