Nursing Care of the Critical Patient – Half Day Course
Topcliffe Close, Capitol Park, Tingley,
About this course
In this half day course, we will be looking at emergency triage and patient assessment using a triage system designed to ensure that the most critically ill patients are seen first.
We will be discussing:
- The triage team
- The importance of telephone triage
- Physical assessment of the emergency patient
- Conditions that require immediate therapeutic interventions
We will then go on to discuss how we monitor and care for critical patients once admitted, so that we are able to identify changes in clinical parameters.
In this section, we will be discussing:
- What makes a good critical care nurse?
- How to set up an area to provide adequate monitoring
- The type of patients that require intensive monitoring
- What parameters to monitor and the types of monitoring equipment we can use