MSO95 – Ophthalmology Case Challenges Mini-Series
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
Does your heart sink when an eye patient walks through the door? In this online course we’ll use real case examples to help you to deal with your ophthalmology cases more effectively and with considerably less stress. There will be the opportunity for questions and feedback at the end of each session.
- Join European & RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Ophthalmology David Gould for three 2-hour sessions
- Case examples and essential practical tips from our expert tutor
- Comprehensive notes to download
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- 12 Months access to recorded sessions
- Superb value for money – learn without traffic jams or rota hassles
- Watch the recordings on your iPad
- This Mini Series was originally broadcast in September 2015
Conjunctivitis and Keratitis: Case Presentations
Conjunctivitis and keratitis represent some of the most common clinical presentations in small animal practice. This session will comprise of a case-based approach to some of the more frequently seen ocular surface conditions in dogs and cats. Delegates will learn about:
- The latest and most effective treatment options for FHV-1 keratitis
- When to debride or grid a non-healing corneal ulcer, and tips on grid technique
- Treatment of melting and deep corneal ulcers
- Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS): What to do when the Optimmune stops working
The Eyelids and Third Eyelid
Breed-related eyelid disease such as entropion, ectropion and trichiasis can represent significant clinical challenges in practice. This session will give a brief overview of surgical principles and techniques for eyelid surgery, followed by some case-based clinical examples. Delegates will learn:
- Surgical principles and eyelid reconstruction techniques
- Entropion surgery: What works and what doesn’t?
- Some tips to improve your third eyelid gland surgery
Uveal Tract: Case Presentations
The uveal tract (the iris, ciliary body and choroid) is frequently affected by disease. This session will focus on some of the more common conditions affecting the uveal tract, including uveitis, glaucoma, neoplasia and systemic disease. It will be presented in a clinical case format. Delegates will learn:
- Tips for distinguishing iris melanoma from benign iris pigmentation
- Targeted work-up and treatment options for uveitis
- How to recognise and treat glaucoma
- Common systemic diseases that affect the uveal tract
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT