Medical Nursing- Case Study Workshop
This one day course is an interactive session in which the group will work through the important features of and the relevant nursing care of several clinical cases. There will be a range of cases covering many different organ systems which we will discuss together and work through nursing care plans in order to improve our approach to these cases in future. We will discuss pathophysiology, diagnostic tests, physical examination, differential diagnoses and treatment for all of these cases.
Specific areas to be covered
- Pathophysiology and diseases of the gastrointestinal system, cardiorespiratory system, urogenital system, neurological system and endocrine system
- Nutrition of the unwell patient
- Approach to the emergency and critical care case
- Clinical pathology including hypokalaemia, hypercalcaemia, hyperproteinaemia, azotaemia and jaundice
- Advanced nursing techniques including management of patients with feeding tubes, management of chest drains and central lines