Mastitis Control Seminar
Hatherley Manor Hotel
About this course
- Practical mastitis problem solving skills, that’s what it’s all about
- Confidence so you can solve cell count and clinical mastitis problems
- Mastitis theory a thorough understanding of mastitis and how it’s controlled
- Two farm visits and two of the famous ‘parlour quizzes!’
- Two problem herds that you have to resolve in groups, putting theory into practice
- Selective Dry Cow Therapy, green bedding, cluster flushing, PCR testing etc.
- Milking machine. How it works and affects mastitis. Finding your way around
- Marketing your services and generate work and revenue, & lots more!!
This is what some of the 2016 delegates said about the course;
- The most valuable and enjoyable CPD I have ever attended
- Educational, engaging, enthusiastic, entertaining
- A fun and interactive way to learn loads
- Very interactive and very practical
- Outstanding, content brilliantly presented and entertaining throughout
Places: Limited to 18
Mastitis theory and epidemiology, including milking machine function are discussed in detail. During the two farm visits, delegates will familiarise themselves with the milking machine, learn how to carry out simple tests and understand how the machine interacts with udder health. Assessment of milking routine and environment on farm.
There will be a detailed close up appraisal of two herds where participants will have ample opportunity for practical work. The seminar is presented in a practical format that involves discussions amongst all participants.