Introduction to Small Animal Ultrasound
About this course
This course is designed for those veterinary surgeons with limited experience of diagnostic ultrasound. By the end of the course delegates should be able to achieve a medium level of proficiency in the practical scanning of the normal abdominal organs and of the heart.
Some common pathological conditions affecting the small animal abdomen and heart will be considered.
Advice will be given on how to choose an ultrasound machine for your practice.
By the end of this course delegates should have a thorough understanding of-
• Physics of ultrasound
• Machine set up
• Ultrasonography of the liver and spleen
• Ultrasonography of the gastrointestinal tract and reproductive tract
• Ultrasonography of the urinary tract
• The standard echocardiographic views
• The useful ultrasonographic measurements needed to make a diagnosis