How to prevent Anaesthetic Emergencies
- Excel CPD
- Colette Jolliffe BVetMed CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS European and RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia Head of Anaesthesia Department, Animal Health Trust
- 07/07/2016 - 12:00 am
- Add to your calendar
- Add to your Google calendar
- Tel no: 01455 202182
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The day will focus on preventing anaesthetic emergencies by improving patient safety during the anaesthetic period. A good understanding of the anaesthesia and monitoring equipment is essential for patient safety, as is identifying and managing problems as they arise, before the patient presents in a critical state. We will discuss factors which may influence patient mortality.
Specific areas to be covered.
• Factors influencing anaesthetic safety in small animals
• Understanding anaesthetic breathing systems
• Anaesthetic equipment preparation and safety checks
• Anaesthesia monitoring equipment – gimmick or godsend?
• The recovery period – a dangerous time for our patients