From Nose to Tail Tip, From Ears to Claws – a Problem-based Structured Approach to the most Common Dermatological Presentations in Dogs and Cats
4 Battersea Park Road
The course aims to interactively discuss individual cases with the delegates. It will provide a structured, problem-based approach to a dermatological workup of common presentations in general practice of the canine and feline patient. At the end of the course you should feel comfortable to start dermatological investigations for the most common presentations and be confident discussing pros and cons of certain procedures with the owner as well as guiding their expectations with regards to results and time involvement. You are encouraged to email ahead case details of frustrating cases you’ve dealt with, to be discussed (anonymously if you wish) within the group. Please email these cases to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be some time set aside to practice taking dermatological surface samples and assess these in small groups.
Topics to be covered include:
- Management of an allergic cat
- Approach to onychodystrophy
- Ear disease – comparing canine and feline patients
- Itchy Westie – not all are allergic
- Ulcerations – what do I do now?
- How to take dermatology surface samples; getting the best out of your microscope