Essentials of Emergency and Critical Care
- SubjectClient Care, ECC, Nursing
- SpeakerBelinda Andrews-Jones VTS (ECC) DipAVN (Surg) Pg Dip Vet ed RVN FHEA
- Date17/11/2017 - 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Location Potters Bar,
- Price£99 (Early bird when booking up until 6 months in advance) - £185
Royal Veterinary College, Boltons Park Farm, Hawkshead Road,
About this course
As emergency and critical care becomes more advanced, new techniques are being introduced into practice. The veterinary nurse is essential to the treatment of critically ill patients. The survival of such patients depends on the effective collaboration between veterinary surgeon & nurse.
It is vital that Veterinary Nurses are familiar with the kit and nursing care involved in the management of emergency cases – effective nursing is a vital component in any successfully managed ECC case.
This is an in-depth Emergency and Critical Care training session. Start on your first steps of being an ECC nurse and get solid, practical information that you can use in your practice.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Setting up an intensive care unit
- Triage & initial assessment of emergency cases
- Monitoring and treatment of the critical care patient
- Cardiorespiratory, urinary, neurological and GI systems
- Specialised techniques