Essential Surgery for Small Animal Vets
1 St Andrews Drive
This course offers a comprehensive review of essential surgery in dogs and cats for the general practitioner including practical tips that you can implement immediately and more complex concepts. Retching with a history of eating a lamb bone? Dyspnoeic after a road traffic accident? A vascular pedicle that will not stop bleeding? Suspect GDV is on its way in? All potential heart sinking moments for you if you work in small animal practice. However, help is on its way on this course, where we will combine current theory with handy surgical hints to help boost your confidence levels. Case based examples will help you to successfully manage these and other stressful situations.
What you’ll learn:
- Haemostasis – how to achieve it
- Surgical drains – how to use them
- Thoracic drainage – best practice „
- Oesophageal and intestinal foreign bodies – help!
- GDV and pexy techniques – keep your cool!
- Diaphragmatic rupture – how to manage