Equine Field & Hospital Anaesthesia
- University of Liverpool
- David Bardell BVSc CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS, Mark Senior DipECVAA BVSc CertVA PhD MRCVS, Eddie Clutton BVSc DVA DipECVAA MRCA MRCVS, Alex Dugdale MA VetBDVA DipECVAA PGCert(LTHE) FHEA MRCVS
- 15/03/2016 - 16/03/2016 - All Day
- Add to your calendar
- Add to your Google calendar
- Tel no: (0151) 794 6016
- Email : email@example.com
This two-day workshop is aimed at practitioners who perform anaesthesia under field conditions for routine procedures as well as those who deal with more complex procedures in a hospital based environment.
Day 1 focuses on the considerations necessary when undertaking general anaesthesia out in the field. Half the day is dedicated to actually performing anaesthesia, allowing delegates to be involved with putting into practice a number of different protocols.
Day 2 highlights the considerations of more involved procedures from both patient and hospital facilities perspectives. The day incorporates several workshop sessions, including practical involvement with a case in the hospital’s operating theatre. The course is designed to include plenty of time for discussion and case analysis on both days. At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
• Thoroughly assess the risks posed and know how to limit these
• Understand the advantages and limitations of available drugs and techniques
• Understand the advantages and limitations of various monitoring techniques