Dentistry in small animal practice – Day 1: The basics, Day 2: Oral surgery
Price: £475.00 - £925.00
This is a two-day course covering the most common applications of dentistry in general practice through lectures and hands-on practicals with cadavers. Both days can be booked separately or together.
The basics of oral diagnosis and extraction techniques will be discussed and practiced.
- Dental charting
- The use of different probes and how to use a dental mirror to your advantage
- How to take good dental radiographs
- Do’s and don’ts in scaling and polishing
- How to perform closed extractions confidently and with control
- Regional nerveblocks
Will cover more advanced topics as well as an opportunity for a radiography recap.
- The use of muco-periosteal flaps for surgical extractions of:
- mandibular & maxillary canine teeth
- carnassial teeth
- multiple teeth in one quadrant
- Root remnant removal
- Basic oro-nasal fistula repair
- Principles of biopsying oral mass lesions