Client-care at Animals’ End of Life
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
About this course
Euthanasia is the final common pathway of many diseases. But what can you do when a client disputes the need for euthanasia? And how can you more accurately judge when exactly euthanasia is now in this animal’s best interests? This course will povide you with a better understanding of the different responses to loss, and greater knowledge of how to manage the different client touchpoints during animals’ end-of-life with maximum peace of mind, no matter the situation. Ideal for vets and vet nurses of all levels of experience.
This course explores the following topics:
• Module 1: Psychosocial aspects of grief for pets
• Module 2: Empathic communication – a core and transferable skill
• Module 3: Empathic communication in specific contexts
• Module 4: Euthanasia decision-making and client resistance
• Module 5: Common myths about client grief, and new developments in end-of-life care
• Module 6: Case studies
• Module 7: Final Course exam to gain your CPD certificate