Cat Nursing 101: Introducing the Elderly Cat
Headland House, Chord Business Park, London Road
About this course
With elderly cats forming an increasing proportion of our caseload, it’s more important than ever to provide ‘gold standard’ care.
This course is aimed at VNs keen to improve their standards of elderly cat care. By the end of the day you should feel confident in identifying subclinical illness and have an understanding of how to help confirm the diagnosis or start treatment.
– Introducing the older cat and importance of ‘wellcat’ checks
– Collecting and analysing urine samples in cats
– Measuring and interpreting blood pressure in cats
– General advice for owners of elderly cats – maintaining optimal health and welfare
– Tips for establishing successful elderly cat clinics in your practice
– Cat friendly tips for restraint, examination, hospitalisation and handling of older cats
– Case studies