Cat Nursing 101: Chronic Feline Diseases
- SubjectClient Care, Feline, Nursing
- SpeakerDR Sarah Caney BVSc PhD DSAM (Feline) MRCVS, RCVS Specialist in Feline Medicine.
- Date02/11/2017 - 12:00 am
- Price£99 (Early bird when booking up until 6 months in advance) - £185
9 South Gyle Crescent
About this course
As a veterinary nurse, you play a vital role in owner education, communication and support, when managing a long-term illness. A successful outcome often depends on attention to detail and a thorough understanding of the disease process. This course will provide you with an update on the long-term management of common and complex feline conditions including:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Cognitive dysfunction syndrome
- Poor appetite and anorexia
- Lower urinary tract disease
By the end of the course you will feel more confident in your understanding of common feline conditions and how to optimise patient outcome through the provision of support and advice to carers.