Bovine Mastitis – Advance Practitioner
School of Veterinary Medicine and Science
Within this one and a half day course both theory and practical aspects of mastitis management in cattle will be covered. The course is ideal for those studying for CertAVP(cattle) as well as for those wanting a practical course in bovine mastitis.
- Context and importance of mastitis
- Diseases of the udder and teat
- The Pathogens – modern concepts in their epidemiology
- Herd Diagnosis – aligned with the AHDB Dairy Mastitis Control Plan
- Treatment of mastitis – interactive seminar
- In the Parlour; milking machine and routine – including an on farm practical
- Control of mastitis – putting the theory into practice
A significant amount of on-line material will be supplied to allow delegates to add depth and improve practical application in all these areas.