Avoiding communication pitfalls
PROVIDER: BRITISH VETERINARY ASSOCIATION
- SubjectCustomer Service
- SpeakerChristine Magrath BVMS HonsFRCVS, Director of Communications Training, Veterinary Defence Society and Geoff Little MVB MRCVS, Communications Training Associate, Veterinary Defence Society
- Date28/11/2017 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Price£195 - 395
7 Mansfield Street
About this course
Apart from an introductory plenary session highlighting the key communication tools, the rest of the day will be spent working in small groups. Christine and Geoff will be accompanied by professional simulated clients, who will provide you with direct feedback and bring a sense of reality to the day.
The aim is to make it a group-led day, addressing the specific communication needs that delegates have particular difficulty in handling. As a result, individuals should feel more prepared and confident when they next meet a challenging situation in practice.
Please note there is a maximum of 20 places available on this course.
The five key things delegates will learn from this course are:
- How to ascertain a client’s true ideas, concerns and expectations
- How to diffuse confrontational situations where fees are concerned
- How to cope with angry clients
- How to deliver bad news
- How to adapt the key tools to suit your own style and personality