An Introduction to Veterinary Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation, when carried out correctly, can significantly improve an animal’s quality of life. In its simplest form, it need not be expensive or require any specialist equipment. During this course we will define the term physiotherapy and look at how to best apply it in practice. Through a combination of lectures, interactive workshops and case studies you will learn the principles behind simple physiotherapy techniques which can be applied in practice. You will also gain an insight into how to asses an animal’s level of pain and how to monitor each individual’s progress.
Specific areas to be covered.
• Introduction into physiotherapy techniques
• Where does physiotherapy fit into practice?
• Basic assessment of the physiotherapy patient
• Developing a therapeutic exercise regime
• Physiotherapy and the inflammatory process
• How to measure outcomes
• Case studies