Advanced Equine Gynaecology – A 2-Day Practical Course
- Veterinary Professional Development
- Dominik Burger - Dr.Med.Vet; James Crabtree - BVM&S, CertEM(StudMed), MRCVS; Tom A.E. Stout - VetMB, MA, PhD, Dipl.ECAR, KNMvD
- 26/08/2016 - 27/08/2016 - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Add to your calendar
- Add to your Google calendar
- Tel no: +44 (0) 1234 817123
- Email : email@example.com
Les Longs-Prés 2
This two-day practical course has been developed for equine veterinarians and mixed animal practitioners with a working knowledge in the field of equine gynaecology and provides a critical update on the management of mares for natural breeding / artificial insemination, on different causes that lead to mares being barren and how to investigate and treat these problems (incl. hysteroscopy). The 2nd day will focus on the pregnant mare with foetal sexing, different pregnancy-related problems and peri-partum emergencies (incl. dystocia & retained foetal membranes etc.).
The highly-illustrated lectures will be held in English (without translation but with German moderation) in the mornings. In the afternoons, 7 hours of practical / case-based sessions will give attendees plenty of opportunity to put theory into practice on barren and pregnant mares in small groups (2 – 4 attendees / ultrasound machine) and to discuss all aspects of gynaecology with the specialists. Each attendee will be rotating through the follow
- Ultrasound of the barren mare (incl. doppler)
- Uterine Sampling Techniques – Swabbing, flushing & biopsies
- Transrectal Ultrasound of pregnant mares
- Foetal Sexing
- PowerPoint Case Discussions – The Barren/Pregnant Mare.