Advanced Emergency and Critical Care for Veterinary Nurses
- SubjectClient Care, ECC, Nursing
- SpeakerBelinda Andrews-Jones VTS (ECC) DipAVN (Surg) Pg Dip Vet ed RVN FHEA
- Date12/05/2017 - 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- LocationPotters Bar
- Price£99 (Early bird when booking up until 6 months in advance) - £185
Royal Veterinary College, Boltons Park Farm, Hawkshead Road
About this course
Do you have a passion for Emergency and Critical Care nursing and want to ensure you are giving your patients the very best of care? This course will offer you an in depth look at latest best practice in advanced Emergency and Critical Care.
Following a review of the principles of emergency nursing, the day will take you on a case-based tour of the major emergencies you are likely to face in practice; ensuring you gain an understanding of the latest best practice in advanced emergency and critical care. You will develop your theoretical knowledge and gain practical skills that will be invaluable in emergency situations.
Delegates will consider:
- Patient assessment and Patient stabilisation
- Vascular access, including Arterial lines and jugular catheters
- Management of tubes, including chest drains and trach tubes