Advanced Anaesthesia for Veterinary Nurses
- SubjectAnaesthesia, Nursing
- SpeakerLouise O’Dwyer MBA BSc(Hons) VTS (Anaesthesia/Analgesia & ECC) DipAVN (Medical & Surgical) RVN
- Date17/11/2017 - 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Price£99 (Early bird when booking up until 6 months in advance) - £185
Topcliffe Close, Capitol Park, Tingley,
About this course
The safe and effective anaesthesia is an essential skill for veterinary nurses – without it, surgery as we know it, could simply not take place. This advanced day will take an extensive look at the various aspects of anaesthesia to ensure you leave the course confident that you can provide the best anaesthetic experience for your patients.
- Pre-anaesthesia planning and preparation
- Cardiovascular monitoring – pulse and heart rate and rhythm, including ECG, blood pressure, central venous pressure, pulse oximetry and blood gas analysis
- Respiratory monitoring – respiratory rate and character, tidal volume and capnography.
- The effects of anaesthetic agents
- Pain assessment and scoring
This course will leave you with a renewed passion and confidence to best support your patients throughout the anaesthetic experience.