0981 Practical Cruciate Surgery
Cranial cruciate ligament failure is one of the most common orthopaedic injuries that you’ll see in practice. A successful outcome following surgery is not guaranteed. Numerous subtleties in surgical technique can enhance both the quality of your surgery and the predictability of the outcome. On this workshop we’ll teach you fundamental techniques for managing the cruciate deficient stifle joint in supervised hands-on practical wetlab sessions. You’ll get help from the highly approachable expert tutors throughout the course and take away your new skills to use directly in your practice for better patient outcomes.
What you’ll learn:
- Standard lateral approach to the stifle joint
- Limited medial/lateral arthrotomy
- How to perform extracapsular stabilisation effectively
- Self-locking knots and how to tie them
- Meniscal examination and partial meniscectomy – why bother?