0979 Nursing Rabbits
About this course
Rabbits are the UK’s third most popular pet, with around 1.5 million rabbits currently being kept as pets, and from being viewed as a children’s pet, they are now becoming valued family members. Integral to excellent veterinary provision is nursing care and, as rabbits are high maintenance patients, the value of the nursing care should not be underestimated. This course will help you to apply your knowledge to your rabbit patients.
What you’ll learn:
- Going beyond the TPR – how to confidently handle and gain clinical information from your rabbit patients
- How to put rabbit appropriate hospital routines in place
- How to deal with rabbit emergencies
- How to provide fluid therapy and assess its success
- Supportive feeding: what when how and how much?
- How to apply basic physiotherapy to rabbits
- How to apply nursing care plans to your rabbit patient
- Rabbit outpatient clinics: what should these include and how