0959 Everything You Need to Know about Wound Management and Reconstruction
About this course
Have you ever wondered how on earth you are going to close a traumatic wound? Puzzled over how the skin deficit can be made up after removal of a tumour? Or despaired when your perfect repair falls apart? If bells are ringing loudly in your head, this is the course for you. We’ll focus on how to treat dogs and cats that present with scary big wounds. And how to manage them effectively and with minimal stress for surgeon, patient and owner. We’ll look at your options in each case for closing the defects and give you lots of practical tips for preventing everything falling to pieces later.
What you’ll learn:
- Overview and refresher on wound management
- How to make the right decisions in wound closure
- How to achieve primary closure
- When to use local flaps and how to do them
- Axial pattern flaps – which one, when and how?
- Skin grafts – when to use and how to keep them viable