0955 Haematology in Practice
Develop your skills in haematology, from taking and preparing samples to interpreting blood films, and using haematological analysers. Abnormalities of red and white blood cell profiles will be discussed in detail and related to the disease processes that you will need to consider in each case. A hands-on microscopy session provides the opportunity for you to apply your newly gained knowledge in a practical setting, with direct help from the course tutor.
What you’ll learn:
- How to make and assess blood films
- How to investigate anaemia; blood loss; haemolytic; non-regenerative
- How to recognise abnormalities of white blood cell profiles: leucocytosis and leucopaenia; neutrophilia and neutropaenia; leukaemia
- Practical microscopy sessions to reinforce learning
- A strategy for using Haematology in your practice