0947 GP Refresh
PROVIDER: CPD SOLUTIONS LTD
- SubjectSmall animal
- SpeakerCatherine Sturgeon BVetMed(Hons) CertSAS DipECVS MRCVS / Abby Caine MA VetMB CertVDI DipECVDI MRCVS / Andrew Kent BVSc DipECVIM-CA MRCVS / Vanessa Schmidt BVSc(Hons) CertVD DipECVD MRCVS / Simon Tappin MAVetMB CertSAM DipECVIM-CA MRCVS / Carl Bradbrook BVSc CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS
- Date01/08/2016 - 03/08/2016 - All Day
- Price£997.00 + VAT
About this course
Revitalise, Revive and Restore your essential knowledge of UK small animal practice in this completely new bespoke CPD Course.
Do you feel the need to recap and advance your knowledge on conditions that crop up during a typical day in practice? Instead of a subject-specific CPD course, do you just want a really good update in several key small animal practice areas? Are you returning to small animal practice after a career break or coming to work in the UK and want a broad introduction to best practice in the UK?
Then this 3 day interactive course is just what you are looking for!
You’ve taken a blood sample, but what do the results mean? You have taken a chest radiograph, what is that lung pattern suggesting? Sedation is required in a blocked cat, what is the safest, most effective option? Which wound dressing should you use, there are so many?
Our approachable and friendly speakers have selected a variety of subject areas to discuss with you. They will provide you with clear, reassuring and practical guidance, equipping you with the confidence to cope with the complexity and diversity of small animal practice in the UK today.
Day 1 Medicine and Dermatology
- Approach to Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Hepatopathies and pancreatitis- what you need to know
- Canine Atopic Dermatitis, Pyoderma and Malassezia dermatitis
- Endocrine updates for today’s practice
- Getting the most from your ‘in house’ laboratory
- Fleas and other creepy crawlies
- Otitis externa (practical)
Day 2 Anaesthesia and Surgery
- How to use sutures, staples + clips (practical)
- Wound management – getting them to heal (practical)
- Current Anaesthetic equipment and agents and how to use them
- Exploratory laparotomy
- Basic abdominal surgical procedures including gastropexy and liver biopsies (practical)
- How to sedate your patients safely in typical practice scenarios
- Analgesia – what’s new?
Day 3 Emergency Care and Radiography
- Blood transfusions in first opinion practice
- Blocked cats and how to unblock them
- How to drain a chest (practical)
- Abdominal radiography – what can you see? (practical)
- Thoracic radiology – sort out those lung patterns! (practical)